Last night we went and saw the movie Milk with Sean Penn at the Castro Theatre. It was the absolute perfect setting to watch this movie in. It's strange to sit in a theatre that is a major landmark in the movie that you are currently watching. Most outside scenes, the marches, the protests, the speeches all take place with the Castro Theatre in the background. It makes it a very unique experience. The theatre itself was also gorgeous. When we walked in there was a man playing a real live organ up front and continued to play until the curtains pulled back and the movie began. It had an old feel that was very interesting. The move was so so so good. I didn't really know much about the story of Harvey Milk. I actually didn't know anything about it until they began discussing the movie. I don't know if it would have been better or worse (or neither) had I known the entire story, but really the whole thing was brilliant. Sean Penn was perfect. The rest of the cast was really good as well. I actually can't say enough great things about this film. I loved it. I think the message needs to be heard more and it's needs to be heard louder. I think everyone needs to know about Harvey Milk. Everyone. It scares the crap out of me that this movie took place in the late 70s and we still watched Prop 8 pass this year in Califronia. I'm not that political and my blog certainly isn't political, but I can honestly say that I just don't get it. Marry who you want, marry who you love, it really should just be that simple.
Purpose Driven Throw Up
17 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment