Monday, February 23, 2009

weekend update (and apparently the longest post ever)

For some reason last week went by really, really fast.  It flew by for most people because they had Monday off.  I didn't and it still seemed to go quickly!  I'll take it.  Friday night M and I went and saw The Wrestler.  Now, I have never been to the Metreon in the City before and let me tell you, it was an experience.  First off, it's HUGE.  And second, nobody tells you where to go at all and you wind up walking around aimlessly searching for the theatres.  But anyway...The Wrestler.  The movie was really good.  It was never something I would go see on my own, but was really glad that I saw it.  Three things to think about if you are going to go:  1.  It was shot on a hand held camera so it's get a little shaky at times (I also had already had two glasses of wine at HH so that didn't help). 2.  There are very, very gorey disgusting parts to this movie. It's about wrestling, so I get that it's kinda messy, but there were a few parts that I couldn't even look.  3.  Marisa Tomei plays a stripper and is naked basically the whole movie.  She looks incredibly hot...and that's coming from a straight girl.  After we went and had an amazing dinner at Firenze by Night in North Beach.  I just can't get enough of this place.  I love, love, love their food and everyone that works there is so nice.  

Saturday it was my friend Michelle's birthday.  We started off having tapas at Cha Cha Cha in the Mission.  The food is great, I just feel like I never get enough food when I eat tapas with a huge group.  And when you go with a small group it's like you don't get to try as much as you would want because there aren't enough people.  Anyway, I wanted a lot more of this little quesadilla thing, but couldn't get my mits on the plate again.  I made up for it by eating almost all of the plate of calamari that happened to land in front of me and I didn't bother passing.  It really was a devious plan on my part.  But, it worked because in the end, I ate all the calamari. The Sangria at this place was also amazing! I was chugging it which was clearly what led to the later events.

After tapas we headed to Infusion Lounge, which is a snotty club downtown.  I am not a club girl, which isn't a secret.  I would rather wear comfy clothes and drink budlight, but it wasn't my birthday.  So we head to this club, which costs 10 bucks to get in (and that was the discounted rate for being on the guestlist) and 3 bucks to coat check and then we belly up to the bar.  $12 dollars for a vodka/soda.  Now I am not a cheap person, I enjoy spending money (especially on a good time) but seriously, $12 dollars for a drink is fucking ridiculous. Before I had even had one sip of a cocktail I had already spent $25 bucks. Anyway, the decor of the club was cool, it felt very Vegas-y.  Lots of pretty people wearing super small clothes and trampsing around like they owned the place.  So, after spending too much dough on drinks and dancing up a storm in what soon became a sweat box, a few of us French exited and went to the Horseshoe where I could relax, be myself and drink for cheap.  The problem with this part of the evening was that I didn't need more drinks.  We were all pretty trashed and just kept on going. In fact, when we walked in, we were called a shit show.  Sad about that.  The Horseshoe experience was much more fun than the Infusion Lounge experience.  I met a nice boy who bought me a drink and had really great conversation with...but, that turned out awkward, as all he really wanted to do was get laid while on vacation.  Yikes.  I said no, gave him my business card and he is now stalking me on Facebook.  Awesome. 

Sunday can be summed up in one word:  Hangover.  I wanted to die for most of the day.  I managed to pull myself together (after a 3.5 hour nap) to walk and get some grease.  Nothing like a hot dog and french fries to make a hangover go away.  I ended my day with The Oscars, which I always like to watch.  I hadn't seen any of the movies (except for The Wrestler and Dark Knight) so I didn't really care...but I love looking at the dresses and seeing who wins.    

2 comments:

Heather M said...

if that guy was so weird, why did you give him your business card!!

Amy said...

He wasn't weird, he was really nice at first,and still is really nice, he just wanted to get some action. He is looking for jobs out here and now has a new "friend." He wasn't a bad person. So far his stalking is harmless. I must have left an impression on him!