Friday, February 6, 2009

Dinner of Champions

Yesterday, after a very long day of working and traveling back from Spokane, WA I stopped into Safeway for some dinner.  Now, mind you, it was 8:30 pm and all I wanted was like a Safeway sandwich or some sushi or something.  NOTHING was available.  The deli counter was closed and all of the sushi had been put away.  I strolled around the store for about 15 minutes and settled on a bagel, a bag of Cheetos and a gatorade.  I commented on the phone to Greta that it was a dinner of champions.  I hung up with Greta and noticed a cute guy is standing in front of me.  He tells me he is jealous of my Cheetos but doesn't think he should add it to his own dinner of champions.  I look down and he has a gatorade, a pint of Ben & Jerry's and a package of bacon.  I am pretty sure he was my soul mate.  

2 comments:

KMV said...

especially bc of his affinity for ben and jerry's - you could supply him with free pints!

Amy said...

Sadly I was out of pint coupons at the time. It just wasn't meant to be, I suppose. :)