Sunday, February 15, 2009

Weekend

In an effort to try and blog more, and because I often feel like when Monday comes I have no freaking idea how I passed the time over the course of the weekend, I am going to do a recap.  Friday was the perfect day because I worked until 2:30 and then took a fantastic 1.5 hour nap.  I probably should have been working, or at least doing something productive, but the weather was crappy and it felt like perfection.  Friday evening Heather and I had a dinner date at what is now my new favorite sushi spot in San Francisco.  It's called Umami and is in the Marina on Union and Webster.  The rolls were perfect and they had this dessert that was vanilla ice cream wrapped in raw cookie dough and drizzled with chocolate then served cut up like a sushi roll.  It was SO good.  I cannot wait to go back.  

Saturday was Valentine's Day.  You know, that holiday that everyone pretends to hate even though you always inevitably hate it more when you are single.   As if every other day doesn't remind you how painful it is to be single, they throw a day in there that is specifically devoted to love, just to make you want to kill yourself even more.  So, to be incredibly cliche, I went out to dinner with all my single ladies (if you like it then you should have put a ring on it).  It was the second annual "I don't have a boyfriend so let's all get together and go to Chevy's and eat crappy Mexican food and drink lots of margaritas."  It was a great time and I am happy that I rallied to go hang out with the girls.  

Today I am doing NOTHING.  I woke up at 11:30, which is unheard of for me.  I guess it was probably drug induced, since my neighbors were having a party last night I took two tylenol pm at 1:00 in the morning.  So, I think that contributed to my coma like state.  Either way, it was bliss to wake up late.  The weather is crappy...rainy and gray...so it's the perfect day to catch up on TV and relax.  Tomorrow is President's day, which apparently Ben & Jerry's doesn't believe in, so I will be working.  Ick, I hate saying goodbye to the weekend! 

No comments: